Packaging with “Shrink Packaging / Shrinking” is the packaging operation applied directly on a product or wrapping around of a product already wrapped with another technique with plastic films. Although this process is commonly referred to as “Shrink Wrapping”, some sources call this “Polywrapping” which is just wrapping it around the product without using any the heat application.
You can watch our “Comparison of 4 different shrink machine series” video for shrink packaging examples.
Shrink Film used for packaging purposes shrink with the help of the heat and take the form of the product it is wrapping. Shrink operation is applied together with Shrink Machine and Shrink Film.
In the first phase of the Shrink Machine, which operates in a two-stage process the plastic film called the seam welding and wrapping around the product to be packaged is seamed with the welding machine. The second phase consists of a tunnel that allows the Shrink Film to shrink by applying heat. This is called “Shrink Oven, Shrink Tunnel, Heat Tunnel”.
Packaging with Shrink Packaging / Shrinking Has Several Purposes or Functions:
- Make two or more small packages, one larger package
- Keeping a package or product clean
- Prevent the packaged product from being stolen or open before purchased
- Act as a seal to indicate that the product is not open
- Ensure a protection against pests
- Prevent the redistribution, gift or sale of a product
- Protect the product against grease, moisture or water, and general external mechanical effects and ensure durability
- Ensure the delivery of magazines, catalogs, etc. paper products at their original state to their real owners. For this purpose, adhere the address label without harm and ensure that it remains clean during transport
- To apply graphics such as advertising, usage instruction, instruction, warning, barcode etc. by using printable film when needed
- Minimizing water loss by providing moisture bar to some food products (such as bread, fruits, and vegetables)
- Delivering unused product to the first user by protecting product
- To add aesthetics by taking the shape of the product and to present a good image
- Providing aesthetic contribution with bright transparency
- Ability to grouping and holding together